Total newbie, uploading my first program

So I bought a Nano, from OSEPP and they say its pre-flashed with the bootloader. I thought great so, I literally just opened the package plugged it in and tried to upload a program using the arduino uploader. Which I realize wasn’t good because I hadn’t selected the proper port. I went to go find which port the board was connected to (I think that’s the proper way to say that, which port it was in?) but it wasn’t listed under any. I unplugged it and no ports disappeared. However I did notice another item disappeared. It was under other devices and said FT232R USB UART. So yeah no real clue what to do now.

Hi,

did you follow the instructions on the OSEPP website to install/activate the FTDI driver?
You didn't say what Windows version you are on. So it might be slightly different depending on the Win version, but the main stream should be the same for all versions from Win7 to Win10:

Read and follow the instructions on the OSEPP website to get started with your Nano:
http://osepp.com/learning-centre/start-here/osepp-nano-arduino-compatible/

Alternatively you could read the following, more detailled instruction including screenshots:

Attention:
If OSEPP doesn't use the original FTDI chip and you have a certain Windows version on board (don't know about the patch #, when Microsoft and FTDI introduced this new "feature") you might run into trouble.
Google for "Arduino clone FTDI problem Windows" and check if you might be touched with this issue.

If you are courageous, just ignore my warning and go ahead with the instructions to activate the right com port driver and hope you are not affected by the ftdi clone problem - any way: it would not kill your PC, and there are instructions on the web how to get the arduino clone back at work.

I followed the steps listed in the second link you provided. My board is now listed as USB Serial Port (COM16)
So I thought great, I set my arduino uploader to COM16 and tried to upload. Mind you I have it set to arduino nano, ATMega328, and programmer AVRISP mkII. When I try to upload I get the following message:

C:\Users\Braeden\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO02D19D04\temp\temp.ino:21:20: fatal error: RTClib.h: No such file or directory

#include <RTClib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

Heres a link to the code I’m trying to upload.

http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/F0B/3SKW/HUPHK8DH/F0B3SKWHUPHK8DH.rar

Hi,

The compiler tells you exactly what error it has found:

C:\Users\Braeden\AppData\Local\Temp\7zO02D19D04\temp\temp.ino:21:20: fatal error: RTClib.h: No such file or directory

The RTClib library was not (properly) installed.

How to repair that?

Follow the instructions and install the RTClib library.
Then you will be set.

You should make the first code you upload a simple one, such as Blink from the Examples menu.
Work your way through the examples.
Not only do you not learn when you just copy/paste rubbish you find online, but you will mis-learn things that will probably annoy those you ask for help when you're full of misinformation.