Hi I am new & started with Capacitive Sensor AD7746 board , to start I would like to go step by step can any one mail me some good examples like sw led on. Thanks Ham
Which board? If you can post a link to the board you have we could be more helpful in advising you.
No Arduino examples.
link to the datasheet - http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/AD7746.pdf -
page 12-19 is about the programming the CDC device // not trivial
link to an example - http://www.sparkfun.com/Code/LPC2138_Test_IIC.zip -
Although it is no Arduino code, reverse engineering its logic should give you the insights needed to communicate with the device
As it is a I2C device you should learn how to use I2C and I2C devices. Start with reading:
- http://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Wire -
- http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/I2C -
- Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : I2C - Two-Wire Peripheral Interface - for Arduino -
I would do it in this order
- start reading the reference and playground first, so you understand how I2C works,
- then read the datasheet carefully but only once.
- Then try to understand the example code.
- build upon Arduino.
The sensor setup can be tricky at first but maybe my blog post about the AD7746 can help you by providing a very simple example: http://marioboehmer.blogspot.de/2011/01/capacitive-touch-sensor-on-arduino.html