Touchscreen TFT 2.8 Problem to display a picture

Hello everyone !

I have touchscreen TFT 2.8 Arduino MEGA 2560.

I have a project to do for my school, and it's been several days since I struck on something ..

I want to display an image on the screen, but when I compile the code example, in ''monitor series'' it makes me : Found ILI9325 LCD driver Initializing SD card ... failed! Loading image ' tiger.bmp ' File not found

I followed the tutorial given by the Adafruit website , here : http://learn.adafruit.com/2-8-tft-touch-shield/bitmaps

After searching through many forums , he was advised to try another example of code that reads the card and see if it is recognized. The name of the example is : CardInfo . But when I compile , these messages appear in ''monitor series'' :

initialization failed . Things to check: * Is a card is inserted ? * Is your wiring right? * Did you change the pin to match chipSelect your shield or module?

I changed the variable const int chipSelect = 4; chipSelect by const int = 10; but nothing changes ..

I followed this advice here : http://embedjournal.com/2013/06/arduino-sd-card-initialization-failed/ " The solution to this problem , Is That You -have to let digital pin 10 as output ( for the SD library to work) and turn ON it 's the pull up resistor by Adding " digitalWrite (10 , HIGH) ; " . Arduino Mega -have for you to do the same Exactly ignore pin 53 completely Call though the comment asks you to change it to 53."

But it doesn't work ..

I wonder if someone can give me the solution or advise me what I should do please because I can't stand not find solution..

Thanks ! :)

The solution to this problem , Is That You -have to let digital pin 10 as output ( for the SD library to work) and turn ON it 's the pull up resistor by Adding " digitalWrite (10 , HIGH) ;

That seems to be a contradiction to me. The pull up resistor is a function to an input pin. I've got no idea if this would work or not, because sometimes you can do tricks like this. But i would create a pull up myself by wiring a resistor (22K or so) between this pin 10 and 5 volt.

Did you check your SD card is OK, in the correct format, and has the file on it ?

Yes, the microSD card is 2 Go and the format is FAT16 by default ..

I tried with a UNO card and its works, I think the card MEGA 2560 is faulty ..

Does your MEGA have an ICSP connector and is it connected to your shield ? You probably need it.

Hello,

very old problem but running gack.

Bought a 2.8" TFT shield with SD card www.conrad.de distributed by Velleman.

Using UNO R3 it worked fine. Than I moved from UNO to MEGA. Shield fits physically.

The key of the problem will become visible if you compare the PIN layouts of UNO and MEGA.

At UNO Pin 10,11,12,13 are used for SD because they offer SPI (MISO,MOSI etc.). MEGA do not offer this at same pins but on 50,51,52,53.

To make such a shield work it's required to connect 10,11,12,13 with 50,51,52 and 53.

In my case it was also required to use different Libraries to connect to SD card cause it was required to initialize SPI with a smaller throughtput.

Up to now it works but not really stable. Cause I have to press reset a few times until the SD card works the way expected.

MEGA look like UNO but is not UNO.

regards Gerald