TPIC6B595 no dimmer with PWM

The way to read is shown here:- https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ReadASCIIString

I know how to use breadboard and connect one resistor in serie with leds. It is true that my older schema is not in serie. But I ask you, please, how to connect in series with TPIC6B595. I send you my new schema without connecting resistor, I don’t know.
many thanks

How to connect LEDs to a shift register.

LEDs on a shift register.jpg

If you want more LEDs then just connect them in series between the previous LED’s cathode and the shift register.

Yes, but the question was: how to connect only one resistor for all leds?

Well, you connect all the anodes together, and a resistor from that connection to the positive supply.

That will indeed work if you need only one LED at a time to light. It is safe (unlike your previous arrangement where the resistor was bypassed and the LEDs massively overloaded), but if more than one LED is selected at once, each will be dimmer because they will be sharing the current provided by the resistor and they may not share it evenly; some may be significantly brighter than others.

That is why Mike encourages you to supply a separate resistor for each LED as he feels it is likely that sooner or later, you will find the need to light more than one LED.

Well, you connect all the anodes together, and a resistor from that connection to the positive supply.

That was not the way I had the resistance connected and you tall me that was wrong?

amjlopez:
Yes, but the question was: how to connect only one resistor for all leds?

BUT my answer is not to do this. It is terminally stupid, especially with resistors at less than £0.001 a piece. Even if you think you will only have one LED lit at a time you can't control what happens on power up before you have sent anything to the shift registers.

That was not the way I had the resistance connected and you tall me that was wrong?

The way you had it wired you had no resistor because the resistor was shorted out by the power rail.

OK. thank you very much for your support.