Traces on the walls.

Traces on PCBs can carry a lot of current if wide enough and I saw an OLD thread about not wanting bundles of wires on the wall and had a probably BAD IDEA that might seem good unless it is.

So what about putting traces on the wall (or pressed in flush) and painting over them to hide and insulate?

What voltage will they be carrying? And how much current?

...R

As much as they can without problems, signal strength at 5V or 3.3V.

This used to be sold as speaker cable.

Haven't seen it around recently but ...

I have some self-adhesive copper tape left over from taking a stained-glass class. For that purpose it was folded over the edge of the glass pieces so you could solder the pieces together. I suspect the copper is considerably thicker than what is on a PCB.

On the other hand if you stuck it on a wall and painted over it I would expect it to remain visible as a ridge in the paint.

...R

You would be creating a huge antenna that would pick up voltages from your house wiring, the local TV station and all local radio stations. Special care would be needed to keep those voltages from causing problems with the rest of your project.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
You would be creating a huge antenna

Might be useful for SETI :slight_smile:

...R

You would be creating a huge antenna that would pick up voltages from your house wiring, the local TV station and all local radio stations. Special care would be needed to keep those voltages from causing problems with the rest of your project.

Paul

There we go!

It'd be worse if lightning hit anywhere close. Might even get smoke!

A Google search for "power cord tape" turned up several styles. "Ghost Wire" is 2 conductor 16 AWG tape. SuperBrightLEDs.com has several styles of "Flat Power Wire" tape with 2 to 5 conductors. The 3-conductor 10mm tape is rated for 6 Amps per channel.

Cool!

Paul_KD7HB:

No substantial difference of course, from running any other form of cable across the wall in the same route. :cold_sweat: