Tracking system

Hello !!!

I'm looking for some way to create a cheaper indoor track system for objects. I want to attach my objects with some device that will told to me where they are, and each of them must have an ID.

I found some DIY like that:

In my researches I also found the possibility of use bluetooth le , NRF24L01+ or RFID, but how?

Are there suggestions on how to create such system? Can someone give me a way?

What precision is required, 10m, 5m 2m, 1m?

between 2m and 5m

Try the Instructables and see if they work.

fantasticCaptain:
I'm looking for some way to create a cheaper indoor track system for objects. I want to attach my objects with some device that will told to me where they are, and each of them must have an ID.

This is not the first time this has come up.

I am tempted to say it is not possible - at least not in any simple way.

Do you want to be able to track things in different rooms or on different floors?

Within a house +/- 5m does not seem much of an advantage compared with no tracking system.

...R

I want to track in different rooms, but I don't need to know exactly where is the "thing". I want to know is which room is the object.

fantasticCaptain:
I want to know is which room is the object.

What about some sort of detection system at each door - maybe an RFID reader - that updates a database with a list of what has passed through the door? (but then, in which direction?)

...R

I thought in use RFID, , and there is the problem of range of RFID. I would like to move the objects through the house without having to bringin close the thing with the reader.