Traffic Control

Good Day, I just bought the Arduino Uno R3, i’m a hobbyist, i have two light bulbs one is a small bulb with that uses small volt like 9v-12v and the other uses 12v-24v. i want to control both the light, i want the small one to be on for 10 minutes while the big one for 5 minute both at the same time, then after ten minute the big one will be on for 10 minute and the small one for 5 minute both at the same time.

i want to control both the light, i want the small one to be on for 10 minutes while the big one for 5 minute both at the same time, then after ten minute the big one will be on for 10 minute and the small one for 5 minute both at the same time.

So, what's the problem? Nothing in this description is even remotely difficult. Nothing seems to have anything to do with traffic control, either.

You will need relays or transistors, since the Arduino is not a 9V to 24V device.

First you need to "mesure time", so maybe you need an RTC like this: http://www.emartee.com/product/42059/

Then you need to ligth on the bulbs. For that I recomend you to by 2 relays, 1 for each bulb. Something like this: http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino-pro-mini.html

Then you need to program.

can you help me with the code, and i'm just a newbie, i read that using just the code you can alter the output voltage. i thought i don't need another thing because using the code only you can do wonders. please help

(deleted)

Why you don't say that in the first post? You allways need a power source of at least 24V, like spycatcher2k suggest. Then you need a transistor for each bulb and to program a PWM for each bulb. BTW wath are the "wattages" of each bulb?

If you have literally just bought your Arduino, you need to work through some of the examples in the IDE (File > Examples > ...) or here.

This is a good tutorial for using a transistor to switch a relay to switch the real load.

Unless you are already familiar with designing and building transistor circuits I suggest you buy a relay shield for your Arduino, and then read and understand the examples that show how to use it. Make sure that you choose a relay shield that supports the voltage and current needed by your lamps. Apart from obvious things like a power supply, and wires to connect everything up, you don't need any other hardware to do what you're describing.