Traffic Light Control

I am doing a project, with a traffic light that i need it to blink, randomly through the day and while its switching it still has a color on and then switches over, I have all the wiring done, all the lights have their own independent feed to them, I was thinking of using a relays, the one here: (Amazon.com: SainSmart 4-Channel Relay Module) I think i would be ok coming off of my main 120 Volt feed and wiring it to relay 1 and the jumping the hot wire to 2 and then jumping to 3 and 4 would be left untouched, then the lights would connect to each relay. I have a 120 volt outlet inside of the light for the arduino to get its power from. I have all the wiring down, but i cant get my head around how I am going to code it. I have the arduino UNO.

thank you, any assistance on this would help!

I am doing a project, with a traffic light that i need it to blink, randomly through the day and while its switching it still has a color on and then switches over,

You probably have to give a better description of your requirements; at this moment it does not amke sense to me.

If possible, provide a schematic how everything is or will be wired; this includes power (5V, 120V etc). A photo of a hand drawn one is fine.

I have all the wiring done, all the lights have their own independent feed to them, I was thinking of using a relays, the one here: (https://www.amazon.com/SainSmart-101-70-101-4-Channel-Relay-Module/dp/B0057OC5O8?ref_=ast_bbp_dp)

A bit confusing; how can you have the wiring done if you're still missing a relay board. "all the wiring done" means "ALL the wiring done".

You can start using LEDs instead of your HV lamps. If it works you simply add the relay board, the LEDs can be removed or stay as a dashboard.

What do you mean by "traffic light"? A red/yellow/green light that changes color when?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

I have all the wiring done, all the lights have their own independent feed to them,

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: