transfererror

I want to transfer a example-programm to my arduino diecimila board
but theres any problem which I can’t solve by my selfe.

I use Win XP an Arduino 0010

When i start the transfer to my board the following faillure massage cam:

1. the USB is connected
  2. the power Led is on
  3. I see the USB converter in my Divice on system
  4. I transfer any program sometimes befor, but now the board doesn’t
    work or t5he transfer doesn’t work now.
    avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000 0x0c != 0x00
    avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Can help me anybody??

What were you doing with the board before it stopped working?

When you used the board before, and it sometimes worked, what error did you get when it didn't? The same as the one you get now?

Is there anything connected to the board? Try disconnecting everything (besides the USB, of course) and uploading again.

Is there anything metallic touching the board?

1.I connect an LED to look for the function of the program. 2.I transfer befor some other programs. 3.Sometimes before I must chose the other COM contact. 4.And i tested the the external voltage source contact

Thats all what I do with the arduino board. I want to learn it do write the program in java and transfer the programs to the board to see whats on with the program.

Sorry I forgot something. No, so problems like chose the COM contact. No errors else. Yes the USB-cable is conected to the board nothing else.

nothing metallic thouched the board.

Could it be that the firmware is delete????? Can you help me or give me tips to install new firmware??? Thats the best maybe!?!?!?!?!

I forgot by my failure massage report in the last sentence.

the failure message include the following sentence:

Binary sketch size: 1112 bytes (of a 14336 byte maximum)

what can or must i do!?!?!?!?!?

It sounds like there might be a problem with the chip, or the USB connection. Can you set upload.verbose to true in your Arduino preferences file (you can find the location in the preferences dialog). Then re-run Arduino and try uploading again, and post the full text of the messages you get.

Can you get a replacement ATmega168 (with Arduino bootloader)? Or burn the bootloader onto that chip with an AVR ISP or parallel port programmer?

you should also double check that the atmega sits firmly in its socket. just sometimes this helped me.

kuk