transistors, not enough current

I'm trying to build a simple motor driver circuit (bi-directional) without an h - bridge. My Eagle Schematic is attached. Both resistors are 50 ohm. I hooked up my multimeter and it says that the circuit's only giving 0.78 mA and when I turn the motor manually, this no. goes down to about 0.30. What should I do? (aside from getting an h bridge :P )

EDIT: how can I attach a file?! Until then, I think this image might help: http://imagebin.ca/view/hUbD4iv.html

Best get a H-drive, I’ve never seen such a wierd motor drive circuit. How did you come up with that?

Lefty

Best get a H-drive, I've never seen such a wierd motor drive circuit. How did you come up with that?

Looks almost like one of those half-bridges you see every now and again; but those need a dual-ended power supply...

I came up with that when I was so sleep deprived that I was having a quite a bit of trouble with 14-5 :P

What's a dual ended power supply?

It's a supply that outputs both positive and negative voltages (usually of the same value, like +/- 12VDC).

This can be done with batteries by wiring two batteries in series (say two 12 VDC batteries), as if you are making a 24 VDC battery; but then tapping off the middle terminal, so the "negative" becomes -12 VDC, and the positive +12 VDC.

In a non-switch-mode power supply, it is done by using a transformer at the first stage which has an output coil that is center-tapped. The center-tap becomes ground, while the ends are run through a bridge rectifier circuit (to make DC), one side becomes the negative side, the other the positive side; these ends then may be run through regulators to further condition the power as needed/required.

I'm not sure how its done in a switched-mode supply...

It is sometimes called a split supply. They normally have three wires positive negative and ground. They can be made from two single ended supplies by connecting them together as described above.

They are mainly use for op-amps nowadays and the trend is towards trying to use single ended supplies when you can. However for some designs it is unavoidable like converting from TTL to RS232. For that example the converter chips actually make a negative supply rail with a circuit known as a voltage mirror.