Transmit Data from arduino to other node that has only Analog and Digital Inputs

Hi all,
I am new this to forum. I got a situation where I have to send the acceleration data which I already have in the excel file on my computer, I couldn't figure out how to receive onto Arduino board and then to do some math calculations on Matlab and then send the filtered data to the input of another device that only supports analog input and digital input pins.

Thanks!

Please explain your case in more detail. The way I understand your sentences they make no sense. You cannot do Matlab calculations on an Arduino. So if you have data in an excel file, make some Matlab calculations on them and then transfer them to an undefined device, then you're wrong on this forum as this has no relation to an Arduino.

Transmit Data from arduino to other node that has only Analog and Digital Inputs

What is the mysterious (secret?) node that only has Analog and Digital Inputs?

An Arduino only has analog and digital inputs.

...R

Sorry for an immature post. In my case, the sensor is to be connected to the WSN node NI-3226 of National Instruments that has analog and digital input pins. Since my research is on reducing the power of transmissions, I was asked to do the pre-processing like pick-up only frequency, peak value, and location etc., and then send these characteristics on the WSN node. This low amount of information reduces the power usage. So for pre-processing, I started to with Arduino, but instead of the sensor, my supervisor gave me just the analog readings. Since MATLAB supports Arduino hardware and has got software for it, I did the pre-processing and I have some information like time period, frequency, the peak value of acceleration signal. Now using Arduino or any PIC controller I have to send the information to the WSN node input pins.

kalyan3911:
In my case, the sensor is to be connected to the WSN node NI-3226 ....

I confess I don't understand all that and I don't know if it is a description of a solution you have found or whether you still have a question.

...R

kalyan3911:
In my case, the sensor is to be connected to the WSN node NI-3226 of National Instruments that has analog and digital input pins.

Sensor is connected to WSN connected connected to a PC.

kalyan3911:
Since my research is on reducing the power of transmissions, I was asked to do the pre-processing like pick-up only frequency, peak value, and location etc., and then send these characteristics on the WSN node.

No, wait a minute. The sensor is connected to the arduino connected to the WSN connected to the PC.

Which is it?

Assuming the latter, because the former does nothing to accomplish the goal

kalyan3911:
This low amount of information reduces the power usage.

With the sensor connected to the arduino and the arduino programmed to do your calculations, then the only item left is to get the data from the arduino to the WSN.

The WSN is made to transmit sensor data, says so right in the product description. Therefore you need to make the arduino act like a sensor. Since you are not dealing with yes/no on/off data the digital inputs appear useless for this. Therefore the analog inputs are needed, but that brings up another issue. Only three arduino models are DAC analog outputs. Which model arduino are you using? If you don't have DAC output, then you will need an add-on. The SparkFun MCP4725 would work. Just use one for each of your calculated signals. You will have to scale you calculated signal to fit the DAC and then unscale it within the PC software.

I didn't understand the problem.
If the device has only inputs you can connect it normally on a bus connetion (like serial) or some wireless connections than don't need to be programmed. In the last case the only proboem is that the devicd can't trasmit, but it can recive normally.
If you are using a bus connection you need only one wire and connect the twoo gnd. The device can be alimented, so it has to have a gnd.
So where is the problem?