transmitting ASCII firmware to slave via SPI

Hi

I'm quite new to the SPI interface especially when it comes to the arduinolibrary for it.

I've got a sensor which needs to have a firmware uploaded. The firmware is written in ASCII code and should be transmitted through the Arduino to the Sensor.

Is it possible to send a whole text file? And is the Arduino-SPI-Library capable of every device with a SPI-interface? Because as far as I know are delay times and the order of the bits specificly mentioned on every datasheet.

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

Kind regards

pialwi

Is it possible to send a whole text file?

Just like you eat an elephant - one byte at a time.

And is the Arduino-SPI-Library capable of every device with a SPI-interface?

'capable of every device"? The SPI library is capable of communicating with every device with an SPI interface.

Because as far as I know are delay times and the order of the bits specificly mentioned on every datasheet.

Why is that an issue? Data is sent and received one byte at a time. Twiddle your thumbs between bytes for as long as you think you need to. The SPI library can invert the bits, or not, as needed.

Hi

Thank you a lot for your reply. Problem solved.

haha :slight_smile: Okey, I'll split the file up. Any Idea how to do this fast?

I thought that the reason for writing it on every datasheet could be that they are all different and I didn't know how far the structure of the communication is already given by the library.