Transmitting FSR data to external source (tablet, phone and etc).

Hello Fellow Arduino Enthusiasts!

I'm only a month into working with an arduino uno/raspberry pi and this is my first post. I just want to first thank you all for taking your time to add to the convo.

I successfully programmed an FSR to gradually cycle through colors of an RGB led depending on the amount of pressure applied. Having learned how to do that, I want to push the utility of the FSR and turn in into a sort of simple "security device." The idea is: I place an object (wallet) on top of the sensor, and once that object is removed, the arduino sends a signal to an external device such as phone or tablet.

Sounds simple on paper, but I'm stuck trying to figure out a way to establish that sort of inter-connectivity. I figure I would need to purchase a bluetooth device for my breadboard as a start, but after that....?

Sorry if all this seems trivial, but I'd greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Start simple.

Just get your Arduino to display a message on the Arduino Serial Monitor when stuff happens.

When you are confident you know how to do that it will be time to consider where else the message (or data) might be sent.

Bluetooth is easy to implement with an Arduino. But you also need appropriate software at the receiving end of a bluetooth link.

...R

Robin2:
Start simple.

Just get your Arduino to display a message on the Arduino Serial Monitor when stuff happens.

When you are confident you know how to do that it will be time to consider where else the message (or data) might be sent.

Bluetooth is easy to implement with an Arduino. But you also need appropriate software at the receiving end of a bluetooth link.

…R

I should’ve mentioned my code outputs messages to the serial monitor; whether or not an object is on the fsr. so considering that, I’m at a loss on how to progress.

What software should I look into, or are there any tutorials or projects I can model mine after? Thanks for the reply.

fulgor:
I should’ve mentioned my code outputs messages to the serial monitor; whether or not an object is on the fsr.

This is confusing. Do you mean that your code sends messages when it should not? OR do you mean that it sends all the correct messages at the correct times.

Post your code - and please use code tags (the scroll icon with <> on top)

so it looks like this

…R