Transmitting live data

I am extremely new to Arduino, so I apologize for any stupid questions. I am trying to monitor ECG and Respiration with this Arduino Shield. However, the catch with my project is that I need to transmit this data wireless over a long distance. I understand that I need to plug this shield into its own board, but could this board be tied to a transmitter to be received at a base location? I'm looking at this board, with this transmitter, and this receiver. Is this feasible? Or am I setting myself up for disaster? Please note that I have not bought these items yet, so if there are better options, I am more than welcome to it. Thank you for any and all help.

Please define "a long distance" in meters and specify what (mountains, trees, building walls) might be between transmitter and receiver.

This is a brave Project for a beginner in Arduino. Just so we understand, you are planning on using two Arduinos, one as Monitor and Transmitter and one as Receiver? I wouldn't expect pin compatability Problems since the ECG is apparently using SPI and the Transmitter is using Serial, but when using multiple devices, one must always check that the Pins required for one board doesn't clash with Pins required by the other. Do you have any indication yet as to Memory usage for the required libraries? Truthfully, I think I'd try programming it before purchasing lots of Hardware (of course without actual readings). That way, you would see if you experience Memory Problems, etc. before laying out the cash. That "Receiver" Looks like they are intended to work as a pair. Are you sure the Receiver is compatible with the Transmitter? I have no Bluetooth experience so that may be a dumb question.

Make sure your transmitter and receiver can send the data packets faster than the medical device sends them to the Arduino. You my still have to buffer the data a bit.

Paul

Your "this board" links to an HC12 433Mhz wireless module. Depending on the "long distance" a pair of these might replace the LORA modules.

What role do you see it playing in your application?

jremington:
Please define "a long distance" in meters and specify what (mountains, trees, building walls) might be between transmitter and receiver.

A mile or farther is ideal. There will be some interference, mainly hills and trees.

JaBa:
This is a brave Project for a beginner in Arduino. Just so we understand, you are planning on using two Arduinos, one as Monitor and Transmitter and one as Receiver? I wouldn't expect pin compatability Problems since the ECG is apparently using SPI and the Transmitter is using Serial, but when using multiple devices, one must always check that the Pins required for one board doesn't clash with Pins required by the other. Do you have any indication yet as to Memory usage for the required libraries? Truthfully, I think I'd try programming it before purchasing lots of Hardware (of course without actual readings). That way, you would see if you experience Memory Problems, etc. before laying out the cash. That "Receiver" Looks like they are intended to work as a pair. Are you sure the Receiver is compatible with the Transmitter? I have no Bluetooth experience so that may be a dumb question.

Yes, I plan on using two boards. And I hadn't considered coding it before purchasing, as silly as I may sound. Thank you!

cattledog:
Your "this board" links to an HC12 433Mhz wireless module. Depending on the "long distance" a pair of these might replace the LORA modules.

What role do you see it playing in your application?

I actually didnt know that the board has wireless capabilities, shows you how much I know. Would it be capable of what I need without the other parts?

A mile or farther is ideal. There will be some interference, mainly hills and trees.

The low power radio modules available to hobbyists won't work at all with hills in the way. Consider GSM or other communication options.

Before you go any further with this project, make sure you can establish communications in the desired setting.

Perhaps hills wasn't the right word, as it isn't so extreme. The main obstacles are trees and the like. That said, I am aware that this project is very high up there to be tackled by a newbie, but it's for a competition for my school. Anyways, I will try to teach myself the coding for these parts to make sure I can work with what I buy. Thank you all for the help!

cej1701:
Perhaps hills wasn't the right word, as it isn't so extreme. The main obstacles are trees and the like. That said, I am aware that this project is very high up there to be tackled by a newbie, but it's for a competition for my school. Anyways, I will try to teach myself the coding for these parts to make sure I can work with what I buy. Thank you all for the help!

Vegetation is worse than hills at the frequencies you are contemplating. Hills can cause "knife edge" diffraction of the signal and so appear to go over/around hills. But vegetation absorbs the RF energy, so the amount of signal getting through is limited. Wet vegetation is even worse.

So, be sure to test the communication capability before you get too fr into the project.

Paul