Transmitting Webcam Stream via RF

I have a webcam and I have an RF transmitter/receiver pair (0v/5v, same as Arduino).

When thinking about sending the stream, my first thought was using an Arduino with video decoding capabilities, etc. BUT:

If I hook the webcam to a breakout board to convert the USB voltages to 0v/5v, send that to the receiver where it will be changed back into USB voltages to be sent straight to a computer, will this theoretically work?

Although this looks like I’m eliminating the need for an Arduino, it will still be an important part of the project, just not in the sending/receiving of webcam data.

If I hook the webcam to a breakout board to convert the USB voltages to 0v/5v, send that to the receiver where it will be changed back into USB voltages to be sent straight to a computer, will this theoretically work?

No. I can't begin to say on how many levels this is just nonsense.

Grumpy_Mike: No. I can't begin to say on how many levels this is just nonsense.

I think that about sums it up GM ;)

well,then. Is there any easy way to hook up a camera, analog or digital, and use it over RF?

Yes, buy a 2.4GHz video sender and hook a PAL or NTSC camera to it.

Or buy a WiFi web cam.

If you want to save battery power, or trigger an alarm on Uno, buy a Grove serial JPG camera. If you want to save the images to SD, without an RF transmitter, serial JPG is the answer. It can sleep and only transmit when there's movement. You can measure this with PIR or any other sensor, in addition to the camera itself. Put all 3 of them to sleep for an interval: Uno XBee Grove camera

This would use much less power than an always on 2.4Ghz sender. Mine uses 200ma compared to an average of 2ma for Grove. I suppose you could put any transmitter to sleep to save power.