Tredmill control with arduino and ipad

I'm a little new to this.
We want to take the control panel off a old treadmill and control it with our ipad. The code controls would have to come from the app and use the arduino. all we realy want to do is take what the board does and place it in an ipad app.

I know this project sounds far fetched but i need some ideas if anyone can help or tell me where to start it would be appreciated.

If i could get some help soon i have a time crunch because of some impatient teachers.
Thanks in advance.

If i could get some help soon i have a time crunch because of some impatient teachers.

If it is a class requirement, then your teacher should have given you the training necessary to do the project. If you just pulled the project out of the air, then I doubt you will be able to accomplish it any time soon.

If it is a class requirement, then your teacher should have given you the training necessary to do the project. If you just pulled the project out of the air, then I doubt you will be able to accomplish it any time soon.
[/quote]

It wold be great if he knew what he was doing but he dosent and cant give me the help. so i guess im doomed