Troubel with Motor Controller

Hello everybody

I am writing my Bachelorthesis. For this I am working first time with arduino. I need to move a stepper Motor.
For this I run with the code:

#include <Stepper.h> // loading Stepper Libary ----> includes Microsteps

const int stepsPerRevolution = 200; // change this to fit the number of steps per revolution for stepper

Stepper myStepper=Stepper(stepsPerRevolution, 4, 5, 6, 7); // initialization of the stepper Library on pins 8,9,10,11

void setup()

{
Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

myStepper.setSpeed(150); // set the speed at 60 rpm: m,
myStepper.step(stepsPerRevolution);
Serial.println(“move”);

}

I am using the: Arduino uno, DM556T Digital Stepper Driver.
I ordered a nema 23 Stepper motor. Now at the compamy I tried it with a nema 17 Motor. But the motor is not rotating at all. When I use the Motor with an other Motor Controller it starts to rotate. I would be really happy If somebody can give some advices. It is mz first time working with Arduino also I dont know much things about electronics.

Post a link to the datasheet for the stepper driver. Most self-respecting stepper drivers just need step and direction signals for which the standard Stepper library is not suitable.

Also post a link to the datasheet for the stepper motor.

These links may help
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

also look up the AccelStepper library

...R

I am using those parts
https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/index.php?route=product/isearch&search=DM556t

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3-unids-lote-17HS4401-4-plomo-Nema17-Motor-paso-a-paso-42-motor-Nema-17-42/32841115698.html?albbt=Google_7_shopping&isdl=y&slnk=&albslr=221580159&src=google&acnt=494-037-6276&aff_platform=google&crea=es32841115698&netw=u&plac=&albcp=1633820309&mtctp=&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtvPjBRDPARIsAJfZz0onE_KnIl7jWbmpXgbH2SLhBIzdRH9GxniPFutZTrv3SPOnX7k3uZwaAgAPEALw_wcB&albag=63890294393&albch=shopping&albagn=888888&trgt=296904914040&device=c&gclsrc=aw.ds

For testing all the parts I was just able to provide the Stepperdriver with an 12 Voltage Power supply. Last week the motor was running with those parts and the same code as I wrote at the beginning at the post. This week the motor is not rotating anymore. So my question is, it is possible that I destroyed the Stepperdriver because I just put 12 Voltage? Or can there be any other reason whz it is not working anzmore?

IT stopped working because you disconnected the motor wires from the controller while it was powered up.

PAul