Trouble Finding LCD Datasheet

Im having Trouble finding the datasheet of this LCD i bought from maplin earlier today, it has 16 pins like the Popular 1602 lcd so i wired this LCD to the exact same and it does not work, on the back it says lxc2425w4-sty and i cant find a datasheet anywhere.

20160601_223110[1].jpg

Hi.

Perhaps you could post a link to the Maplin product page about this display ?
Been looking for a few minutes, but can't seem to find it there.

This doesn't look like a 1602 (because of its proportions).
Do you know what it actually is (you can probably count the character blocks by tilting the display).

I Bought It In Store, i dont think its available online, The 24x2 segments where incredibly difficult to count.

Try this:

(1) Get the backlight working using pins 15 and 16 and possibly an external series current limiting reisitor.

(2) Connect the power and contrast potentiometer using pins 1, 2, and 3.

The display should be blank with the potentiometer adjusted to give 5 v at pin 3 and you should see a row of blocks with the potentiometer adjusted to give 0 v at pin 3.

There's no sense going any further if you can't get this much to happen. If that is the case you may have an 'extended temperature' device which requires a negative voltage at pin 3.

Don

If you wire that style connector as a standard 1602 with the 1x16 connection arrangement and assume that pin 1 is ground/vss, it results in a reversed power supply connection as pin 1 is the (+) supply and pin 2 is ground.

If you connected to a current limited supply, it should limit the output voltage which limits the chance of damage. But, your mileage may vary and it is possible that the display could be damaged by connecting the supply in a reversed fashion.

If it is in fact a 24x2 display, you could give this spec sheet a try: 24x2 display

avr_fred:
If you wire that style connector as a standard 1602 with the 1x16 connection arrangement and assume that pin 1 is ground/vss, it results in a reversed power supply connection as pin 1 is the (+) supply and pin 2 is ground.

Yes, that is most peculiar!

As best as I can discern from this photograph (when magnified), the ground plane connects to pin 2 suggesting that the rows are swapped. I never had problems following the pin numbers on the other units of this form factor.

You will need to check the pin connections since you have it in front of you - notably the backlight; which is positive and which is negative on pins 15 and 16. The genuine pin 3 goes to a chain of resistors also.

Its been a while since i opened this topic but this lcd is working now, it has the same pinouts as a 1602 lcd i noticed that the display was on and displaying data(very Faint) but didn't have enough power so i removed the Resistor leading to GND on the Arduino and it worked fine.