Trouble getting connected with NodeMCU

Hello,

I purchased a few NodeMCU esp8266 board to start playing around. I can’t seem to get this board connected to the Arduino software IDE. I’ve copied/pasted the error message below. I was testing using the Blink example, but can’t get through without an error compiling for the board.

Arduino: 1.8.12 (Mac OS X), Board: “NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, Disabled (new can abort), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 4MB (FS:2MB OTA:~1019KB), 2, v2 Lower Memory, Serial, None, Only Sketch, 115200”

fork/exec /Users/mark/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/python3/3.7.2-post1/python3: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module).

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

I edited my preferences to include the url for the ‘additional boards manager URLs’. I have updated the connection settings after selecting the board I’m using 'NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module) based on what the manufacturer recommended. I’ve installed the ‘cuSLAD USB-UART’ driver for the USB port. I’ve checked my Mac user/library folder and the Python3 directory seems to exist properly.

Can’t do anything without being able to connect. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Anyone?

I can connect my NodeMCU ESP 8266 12-E using the online Arduino Create editor, but not with the Mac Desktop software.

I have deleted and reinstalled the latest Arduino IDE v 1.8.12.

It looks like I need to get the full desktop software running in order to load Spiffs, etc to my ESP 8266 board. Any suggestions for setting, setup, etc?

issue solved. Had to install Python3 manually, restart Arduino and go.

downloaded the 3.8 python from this link: