trouble in getting glonass satellites

Hi all.

I am currently working on tracking system in which i must get accurate/precise location.
First I've started with module NEO-m6n. I used tinyGPS++. it founds max 12 satellite outside. it shows location with +- 20 meters error.

So I got m8n, beitian bn-880, stoton gnss receiver gn-801. its error up to 10 meters after waiting for a while. it also finds 12 satellite.

I used tinyGPS++, NeoGPS, troykaGPS and etc. I think modules cant get glonass satellites in my region.

So do i need to do some configuration in these libraries so that modules catcht more satellites. or else what can i do ?

Thanks in advance.

I am fairly certain the glonass satellites DO NOT use the same communication protocol and characters as the GPS satellites.

Paul

akle:
I used tinyGPS++, NeoGPS, troykaGPS and etc. I think modules cant get glonass satellites in my region.

The idea of GPS systems is that they are World wide, satellites constantly moving relative to the Earth, they do not provide coverage only to certain areas. GPS satellites are at around 20,000km altitude, to be geostationary they would need to be at 35,000km.

This is a reasonable description of the GLONASS cluster;

What is GLONASS

Most modern Ubloxes should automatically be receiving all the available GPSs systems, you can easily check the configuration with the U-center Ublox utility.

The accuracy you are reporting seems normal, if you need more accuracy then you have to use a differential GPS, which are significantly more expensive.

i ordered PL2303 USB RS232 TTL converter to test device via U-center Ublox utility.

so i guess satellite number 12 i get is the total GPS + GLONASS. since NeoGPS library was said to be capable of reading and parsing sentences from both satellites.

Then i'll write after checking U-center.

thanks

akle:
since NeoGPS library was said to be capable of reading and parsing sentences from both satellites.

The GPS does not put out seperate sentences to parse in the first place.

The modern Ubloxes put out a single series of sentences as GNGGA, GNRMC etc. Indicating that the position information is a combination of GPS clusters. Ublox GPSs have been doing his by default for some years now.

TinyGPSplus also reads the GN sentences.

And the obvious question really, where exactly are your GPSs located ?

East of Turkey. Coast of lake Van. 1665m altitude.

now reads 10-12 at home, 23:00 local time (bn 880, NeoGPS library). fifth precision number varies - which means 1.1*x meter change. i need max 1m error.

GPS outdoors, good view of the Sky ?

i need max 1m error

Not possible with standard GPS, like I said earlier, you need differential GPS.

gps indoor, sky is open.

i'll research for differential gps.

thanks for suggestions

akle:
gps indoor, sky is open.

i'll research for differential gps.

thanks for suggestions

Indoor GPS and you want guaranteed sub 1M accuracy ?

Dont waste your time looking at differential GPS, that wont work indoors either.

What a complete wast of time ...............................

Sorry for inconvenience. I answered for current time when You asked. Of course I need the accuracy outside. I’ve also tried outdoor, no more than 12 satellites I observed.

There was a misunderstood. So please don’t think like that.

Now I get 2x3 meters error with 12 satelllites

Thank you again for your valuable time