Trouble installing library (ubuntu)

I'm trying to install a library for the EasyDriver stepper motor driver, but it's being quite difficult.

Tried making sketches of the .h and .cpp files and saving them to the library, but it ended up saving both as EasyDriver_h.pde and EasyDriver_cpp.pde and to the wrong directory.

Then I tried copying it in Text Editor and that worked fine, except it wouldn't let me save it to Libraries.

The code is here: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1251509480

First time I've tried to do this. What am I doing wrong?

Then I tried copying it in Text Editor and that worked fine, except it wouldn't let me save it to Libraries.

What am I doing wrong?

Using "it" when a noun would be preferred. What "it" are you copying in a text editor? I assume that you are pasting the code into a text editor, but it should not be necessary for me to assume anything.

Then, I assume that the second "it" refers to the text editor. If so, then the text editor is being perfectly reasonable, IF you don't have permission to write to the libraries folder. Note that the folder name should be libraries, not Libraries. The libraries folder must already exist.

There are two possible locations for the libraries folder - one for Arduino-supplied libraries and one for user-defined (or downloaded) libraries.

You haven't defined which of those two you are referring to.

You don't understand libraries. Place a downloaded library un-edited inside the libraries folder in your sketchbook folder and restart the Arduino software, that's all you should need to do.