Trouble signing in

Hi,

My sign-in image (the default one) doesn't appear on many pages of the forum, notably the french pages.

Without the sign-in image I can't post.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Please report it here

There also appears to be some other issues just at the moment too which seem to be site wide.

Hi again,

I emptied the cache and cookies in the navigator and things seem to be back to normal

I jumped the gun.

The problem persists.

I get around it by going "walkabout" on the forum and then going back to where I wanted to post.

We have seen a LOT of sign in issues where people sign in and that seems to happen OK but when they travers parts of the site they are signed out and do not often notice they were signed out.

I think the time limit is around 5 minutes or less, which for a site like this is abysmal to say the least.
Cleaning up every time does marginally help but only for a quite limited time that is still inadequate.

Do tag your thoughts into the link I provided as it is only by using the official bug reporting that Arduino tends to take a little bit more notice.

Arduino themselves hardly ever monitor the forum.

ballscrewbob:
Arduino themselves hardly ever monitor the forum.

Exactly! They just made it and left...

It'll be good if they were to come here and monitor the forum. They would get some ideas of the bugs and issues...

TheUNOGuy:
Exactly! They just made it and left...

It'll be good if they were to come here and monitor the forum. They would get some ideas of the bugs and issues...

Not really true.

Their workload has gone up quite a lot so they just don't get the time they once had.
I can point to at least 6 employees who are still current members and still participate when things allow.

What they did do was hire a community manager some time ago to cover this forum and other community aspects such as the MAKER related items. Cannot remember having seen them in the forum though so not sure what they actually do ?

ballscrewbob:
What they did do was hire a community manager some time ago to cover this forum and other community aspects such as the MAKER related items. Cannot remember having seen them in the forum though so not sure what they actually do ?

That's probably the person that sends some other Arduino employees to the site (installation and troubleshooting section) who give one or two stock replies, never follow through and after that are never seen again.

sterretje:
That's probably the person that sends some other Arduino employees to the site (installation and troubleshooting section) who give one or two stock replies, never follow through and after that are never seen again.

The lack of engagement in here I must admit has annoyed me no end recently.
I feel like Robin2 on a good day LOL.

Must admit I was also getting towards a PaulS point too. :fearful: