Trouble uploading code - Custom board

I’ve made my own PCB (Atmega328p + 16Mhz + FTDI FT231xs + NeoPixels). I’m having trouble uploading code via USB. I can use another Arduino as programmer to upload code. I’ve used this to verify the serial portion by echoing whatever I send it. I can send and receive serial data. So in my mind HW is working.

However, when I try to upload code using the USB-to-FTDI, I get stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding error and stk500_getsync(): not in sync. I’m looking at it using an O’scope and the TX line drops to about 2.5V. This doesn’t seem right.

Attached is my my board config (boards.txt)

myBoard.name=Led Ring Board
myBoard.build.mcu=atmega328p
myBoard.build.f_cpu=16000000L
myBoard.build.core=arduino
myBoard.build.variant=standard
myBoard.build.board=AVR_PRO

myBoard.bootloader.tool=avrdude
myBoard.bootloader.low_fuses=0xFF
myBoard.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
myBoard.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
myBoard.bootloader.file=optiboot/optiboot_atmega328.hex
myBoard.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
myBoard.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

myBoard.upload.tool=avrdude
myBoard.upload.protocol=arduino
myBoard.upload.speed=19200
myBoard.upload.maximum_size=30720
myBoard.upload.maximum_data_size=2048

Also my PCB schematics. I apologize, I don’t have a PDF with the schematics.
HW Files

Did you program the bootloader into your ATmega chip? (Using the "other" Arduino?)

Yes. I’m able to program the bootloader.

I guess another question is which bootloader to use?

Use File:Export in eagle and create .png file of your schematic & post that.

Schematics

Can you Reply, scroll down, and use the Attachments button to Attach the file? Github's .png opens as a little X box for me.

Did you bootload it as an Uno, or something else? If Uno, then select Uno as the board type when downloading. No custom boards nonsense - just bootload all your 328P projects Unos, makes life a lot simpler.

Damn. And here I am thinking clocks, boards, different bootloaders mattered. Nope. Programming it as Uno worked! Thank you so much!