Trouble with capacitive sensor on 1 pin? - Library recommendations?

I've got 2 capacitive sensors on a custom PCB and each sensor relays to 1 pin on the ATMEGA328P.

Schematic here for those interested:

I was wondering if anyone knew of any libraries that work with 1 pin?

As I've noticed plenty with 2 pins but not so much 1 pin.

The operation of the 2 sensors is:

1 shall "turn on" on the PCB - (turns on leds one after the other and then displays some information on a OLED display)

The other will turn on an snake game which can can use the 1st sensor to change the direction of the snake.

Both sensors are to be momentary switches.

E.g. leds and oled display turn off.

Do you have an idea how a capacitive sensor should work with 1 pin?
Then it only can act as an antenna for whatever environmental noise, and both of your sensors will trigger if you approach them.

DrDiettrich:
Do you have an idea how a capacitive sensor should work with 1 pin?
Then it only can act as an antenna for whatever environmental noise, and both of your sensors will trigger if you approach them.

I'm assuming its one pin.

This is what I've currently got on my PCB
https://patternagents.com/news/2013/11/24/eagle-touch-widgets-library.html

As you can see its just the 1 pin connection.

Only the 2 pin library turns the 1 pin pad into a capacitive sensor.

So if I'm correct in hearing, I've messed up basically and would need to add in another 2 pins with a resistor, I'm guessing a 10M ohm resistor?

Find out which resistor fits your construction best.

Yeah looking online at Capacitive Sensor page on the Arduino site

I don't want to be 2-3 inches away from the sensor and it detect interaction.

The whole premise of this project is the user has to put their finger directly on the sensor in order for it to work.

They mention I should use a 1 megohm resistor or less maybe for absolute touch to activate.
I think it might be best to play it safe with a 1 megohm resistor unless you have a better suggestion for a smaller size I should go for instead?

Edit: Correction they mention could use between 100 Kilo Ohm and 50 mega Ohm, so decided to use 100K instead.

For best capacitive operation the pads should be split in two, and the user bridges both parts w/out direct touch.

Else you can detect the skin resistance, again with a split pad but with direct contact. This would allow for a 1 pin solution.

I suggest that you build your project now and try to make it work.

I see, fair enough.

Sadly I don't have any axial lead 100K & 1M resistors, so I've just ordered a couple and they should arrive tomorrow.

Then I put the circuit into practice.

I'll just a standard jumper wire tip which I can touch to test out which resistor best to use.