Trouble with my drv8825 stepper motor driver

hey everybody i am in trouble with my stepper motor driver (drv8825) i am using 12 v battery with 2 amp like when my nema17 not connect with my driver the voltage is equal to input voltage 12v but when i connect with my stepper motor the voltage drop to 6v i am very confused like i adjust vref to 0.24v and it consume 0.48 ampere my nema17 starts vibrating but not spin i am using it with my project self balancing robot. Kindly help me guys.

@bj_123

Your topic was Moved to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

bj_123:
hey everybody i am in trouble with my stepper motor driver (drv8825) i am using 12 v battery with 2 amp like when my nema17 not connect with my driver the voltage is equal to input voltage 12v but when i connect with my stepper motor the voltage drop to 6v i am very confused like i adjust vref to 0.24v and it consume 0.48 ampere my nema17 starts vibrating but not spin i am using it with my project self balancing robot. Kindly help me guys.

Sorry, but that description is not at all clear. Please make a simple pencil drawing showing how you have everything connected and where you are measuring the voltage. Post a photo of the drawing. See this Simple Image Posting Guide

Also post the Arduino program you are using.

Have you got another DRV8825 that you could try in case the first one is faulty.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

Are you saying the battery voltage drops from 12V to 6V? In which case its not up to the job.

Please give better details of the hardware than you have - "12 v battery with 2 amp like" isn't
useful, a link to the datasheet or product page is. Perhaps you mean 2Ah, not 2A? Perhaps its
lead-acid and hasn't been maintained (in which case it will be junk).