Trouble with RC car Hack

I recently followed an instructable on using arduino to replace the control chip and send logic signals through the cars circut board so i could program it the cars movements, i beleive i follwed it exactly and everything seems to work except turning left. turns right fine. when the program says turn left it just goes straight. it was an RX2 chip which means gnd was pin 2 and right, left, forward and reverse were pin 6, 7, 11, 12 on the chip. if it helps the troubleshooting i've tried to swith the pins in the arduino, weirdly it still turned right as before, but if i take 1 wire out it just doesnt work at all. this is the code: Car Test.

Pluged wires into the Arduino pins as */ int forward = 12; // forward pin int reverse = 11; // reverse pin int left = 10; // left pin int right = 9; // right pin

// The setup() method runs once, when the sketch starts

void setup() { // initialize the digital pins as an outputs: pinMode(forward, OUTPUT); pinMode(reverse, OUTPUT); pinMode(left, OUTPUT); pinMode(right, OUTPUT); }

void go_forward() { digitalWrite(forward,HIGH); // turn forward motor on digitalWrite(reverse,LOW); // turn revers motor off }

void go_reverse() { digitalWrite(reverse,HIGH); // turn reverse motor on digitalWrite(forward,LOW); // turn forward notor off }

void stop_car() { digitalWrite(reverse,LOW); // turn revers motor off digitalWrite(forward,LOW); // turn forward motor off digitalWrite(left,LOW); digitalWrite(right,LOW); }

void go_left() { digitalWrite(left,HIGH); // turn left motor on digitalWrite(right,LOW); // turn right motor off }

void go_right() { digitalWrite(right,HIGH); // turn right motor on digitalWrite(left,LOW); // tune left motor off }

// the loop() method runs over and over again, // as long as the Arduino has power

void loop() {

go_right(); delay(1000); go_left(); delay(1000); go_right(); delay(1000); }

Sounds like a wiring problem to me, if you swap the wires and it does the same thing.

thats what i thought at first, still not sure though, but i was just fiddling with it and set a pin on and tested it and it does nothing on any of the pins except the left one. and it only whent straight, it seems no mater what i do with the wiring before the circuit board it just goes right or straight.

thanks for replying. thats what i thought at first, still not sure though, but i was just fiddling with it and set a pin on and tested it and it does nothing on any of the pins except the left one. and it only whent straight, it seems no mater what i do with the wiring before the circuit board it just goes right or straight. the car worked fine, left and right when i was just playing with wires without the circuit board.

callumJimm: it was an RX2 chip which means gnd was pin 2 and right, left, forward and reverse were pin 6, 7, 11, 12 on the chip.

I suppose the theory is that if you apply 5V to the circuit that each of these pins connects to, that function will operate. Do you need to remove the RX2 chip from the circuit for that to work? Can you test it by simply connecting 5V between ground and the corresponding control pin? (I imagine that you could use the Arduino's GND and 5V pins as a suitable voltage regulated supply.)

Just as an aside, I noticed that your go_*() functions all turn the new output on before turning the old output off. Is that deliberate? I don't know what that circuit's like, but I would have guessed that turning the old output off first would have been safer.