Hi, this is my first post, so I apologize in advance if I don't get it right.
I have an Arduino Mega connected to an L298N motor controller controlling 4 motors, two on one side and two on the other. When I hook it up to the bench power supply, everything works as expected. When I hook it up to a battery case with 2 18650 Li-ion batteries, it does nothing.
Things I have verified:
I don't think it is a coding issue because it works fine with the bench power supply.
I tested the voltage of the battery pack and it is 7.9. I set the voltage in the bench power supply to 7.9.
When I connect the battery pack, the motor controller light turns on, so I know it is supplying power.
The total amps it pulls when the bench power supply is connected (and it is working) is 0.26 when one side of wheels is running and 0.41 when all 4 wheels are running.
The total amps it pulls when the battery pack is connected is
I bought another battery case and new 18650 batteries and tested that they were fully charged and it gave the same results.
Here is a photo in case it is useful.
Please advise on where to go from here with trouble shooting. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Thanks.