TRUCK (GPS + OPEN/CLOSE + TEMPERATURE) RECHARGE BATTERY

Hi everybody,
i’m actually thinking to do a project abut trailer truck control.
On this way I would like to know wich is your best proposals for the Hardware to use.

• The first thing that I need is program a GPS controller to view on live the truck on a map and also get the historic. I’ve check some tutorials but i want know some of yours ideas.

*Other thing that I need to program is some open/close indicator to know if someone is open the trailer.
I’m thinking about one “MAGNETIC REED” as the domotic home windows. I have to send that data on a server

*other thing is one sensor of temeprature and show on LCD screen and send that data on a server

• and the last thing that also is my biger problem is charge the battery with some solar station or magnet sistem glued to one wheel or somethink like that becouse can be posible that one trailer be stoped around a month and is important don’t have off the sistem.

Thanks in advance,
I am very interested to know your answers.

• The first thing that I need is program a GPS controller to view on live the truck on a map and also get the historic. I've check some tutorials but i want know some of yours ideas.

As in Tom Tom? Unlikely with an Arduino. You could probably have a GPRS unit upload GPS coordinates to a web site, and then use Google Maps (as one example) to display the information. The same unit could upload environmental information and state of the reed switch.

I can't really offer any advice with the power issue though.

Might be important to know if your truck has 12 volt, 24 volt, or 36 volt electrical system.

Paul