Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {

for (int j=1; j<5; j++)

{for(int i=1; i<4; i++)
 {sigma = x[i] *  v[i] [j] ;}
}

}

I would bet that the original code did not have italics, so I suspect that I am not looking at the real program.

Please use the autoformat function of the Arduino IDE, and post using code tags.

vaj4088: I would bet that the original code did not have italics, so I suspect that I am not looking at the real program.

Please use the autoformat function of the Arduino IDE, and post using code tags.

done, thanks

What array?

You have not declared any array there, though you're trying to treat an integer as if it were one...

It's not clear enough what you are trying to do from that bit of code to tell you how to do it.....

Google something like "declare array C" and you might get enough info to get on the right track

x and v are declared as int but used as arrays. This is not allowed. If necessary, learn about declaring arrays, learn about putting data into them, and keep the arrays small enough for your Arduino.

Also, it is poor form to edit a post in a way that invalidates the other posts already made, but I appreciate having a better post to review. Thanks!

int v = 0;

v isn't an array. It doesn't make sense to pretend that it is a 2D array.

If it is supposed to be a 2D array, how big in each dimension?

const int rowCnt = 3;
const int colCnt = 10;
int v[rowCnt][colCnt];

declares a 2D array with 3 rows and 10 columns. You would still need to populate it.