Trying to get the Nano IoT to connect to the wifi

So I wanted to create a basic web server on my Arduino IOT like the one I have running on my node MCU.
The problem is I can't even get the Arduino to connect to the network. I've tried a few of the premade scripts like the network scanner but they keep telling me "WiFi shield is not present". but I thought that was built into the device.

anyway If I bypass that part of the code and get it to scan the network it finds none at all. Please help.

Hi @benskylinegodzilla. Please post your full sketch.

1. Auto Format your code by following these instructions:
    • If using the Arduino IDE: select Tools > Auto Format from the menus.
    • If using Arduino Cloud Editor: press Ctrl+B
  2. Click on the window that contains your sketch code.
  3. Press Ctrl+A. This will select all the text.
  4. Press Ctrl+C. This will copy the selected text to the clipboard.
  5. In a forum reply here, click on the reply field.
  6. Click the </> icon on the post composer toolbar. This will add the forum's code block markup (```) to your reply to make sure the error messages are correctly formatted.
    Code block
  7. Press Ctrl+V. This will paste the compilation output into the code block.
  8. Move the cursor outside of the code block markup before you add any additional text to your reply.
  9. Repeat the above process if your sketch has multiple tabs.
  10. Click the Reply button to post the output.

When your code requires a library that's not included with the Arduino IDE please post a link (using the chain links icon on the forum toolbar to make it clickable) to where you downloaded that library from or if you installed it using Library Manager (Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries in the Arduino IDE or Libraries > Library Manager in the Arduino Web Editor) then say so and state the full name of the library.

As in0 wrote please let us know which library and example you used.

To test the hardware you can install the ArduinoBLE library and run an example like

File -> Examples -> ArduinoBLE -> Peripheral -> BatteryMonitor

Then use a generic BLE app on your smartphone and connect to the Arduino. I use BLE Scanner on iOS. I believe it is also available on Android. If not there are many others.

BLE uses the same antenna and parts of the radio but a different part of the firmware.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.