Trying to image magnetic fields with a TMR 6201 chip

Hello everyone !

I'm currently in an internship, and I'm working on a project to "create" a scanner which would let me image the magnetic fields of something (ATM for example).

In order to do that, I was given a chip -TMR 6201- and that's pretty much all.

So now I'm trying to acquire data with it, but I can't find myself able to do that, as there is always something not working. In fact, I pretty much don't understand how the chip is working (what is the physical quantity the chip is sending me...).

So I'm asking if there's a God somewhere that is "confortable", or at least more experienced than I am (which is not difficult at all) to help me.

Sorry for my English as I'm no native.

Best regards.

dudewiththenose:
Hello everyone !

I’m currently in an internship, and I’m working on a project to “create” a scanner which would let me image the magnetic fields of something (ATM for example).

In order to do that, I was given a chip -TMR 6201- and that’s pretty much all.

So now I’m trying to acquire data with it, but I can’t find myself able to do that, as there is always something not working. In fact, I pretty much don’t understand how the chip is working (what is the physical quantity the chip is sending me…).

So I’m asking if there’s a God somewhere that is “confortable”, or at least more experienced than I am (which is not difficult at all) to help me.

Sorry for my English as I’m no native.

Best regards.

The “TMR 6201” is NOT a chip. Can we assume you have studied the data sheet and know the purpose of the TMR 6201? Can you build the interface circuit shown in the data sheet?

The device is designed to be the sensor part of a device to detect the magnetic signature imbedded in paper currency used in most countries. Seems making that scanner is what you have been asked to do.

Paul