trying to make a LED passcode using the letters 'abc' in all different ways HELP

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
for (int thisPin = 2; thisPin < 7; thisPin++) {
pinMode(thisPin, OUTPUT);
}
}
void loop() {

if (Serial.available() > 0) {
int inByte = Serial.read();

switch (inByte) {
case “abc”:
digitalWrite(2,HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(2,LOW);
break;
case"acb"
digitalWrite(3, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(3, LOW);
break;
case"bac"
digitalWrite(4, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(4, LOW);
break;
case “bca”:
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(5, LOW);
break;
case “cab”:
digitalWrite(6, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(6, LOW);
break;
default:

digitalWrite(thisPin, LOW);
}
}
}
}

ERROR

sketch_jan20a:14: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

case “abc”:

^

sketch_jan20a:14: error: conversion from pointer type ‘const char (*)[4]’ to arithmetic type ‘int’ in a constant-expression

sketch_jan20a:19: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

case"acb"

^

sketch_jan20a:19: error: conversion from pointer type ‘const char (*)[4]’ to arithmetic type ‘int’ in a constant-expression

sketch_jan20a:20: error: expected ‘:’ before ‘digitalWrite’

digitalWrite(3, HIGH);

^

sketch_jan20a:24: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

case"bac"

^

sketch_jan20a:24: error: conversion from pointer type ‘const char (*)[4]’ to arithmetic type ‘int’ in a constant-expression

sketch_jan20a:25: error: expected ‘:’ before ‘digitalWrite’

digitalWrite(4, HIGH);

^

sketch_jan20a:29: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

case “bca”:

^

sketch_jan20a:29: error: conversion from pointer type ‘const char (*)[4]’ to arithmetic type ‘int’ in a constant-expression

sketch_jan20a:34: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

case “cab”:

^

sketch_jan20a:34: error: conversion from pointer type ‘const char (*)[4]’ to arithmetic type ‘int’ in a constant-expression

exit status 1
invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘int’ [-fpermissive]

switch (inByte) {
    case "abc":[

Input a byte, compare (sort-of) to a string. See the problem?

Please use code tags when posting code.

expanding AWOL's comments:

if (Serial.available() > 0) { int inByte = Serial.read();

switch (inByte) { case "abc":

you take in a SINGLE byte and compare it against a string literal...

read about the Serial Input Basics

To add to what's above, C++ doesn't allow switch case on strings. Only integer types can be used, like byte, char, int, long etc. So even if you read the data in correctly, you can't use a switch case with it. You'll have to use a cascaded set of if statements.

So how would the code be written. Like i said sorry guys im very new an its just alot soo yea.

Start with "strcmp"

BTW
case"bac" <<<<<<<< if this was right, it would need a : at the end of the line.

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
pinMode(thisPin, OUTPUT);
}
}
void loop() {

if (Serial.available() > 0) {
int inByte = Serial.read();

switch (inByte){
case “abc”:
digitalWrite(2,HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(2,LOW);
break;
case"acb":
digitalWrite(3, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(3, LOW);
break;
case"bac":
digitalWrite(4, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(4, LOW);
break;
case “bca”:
digitalWrite(5, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(5, LOW);
break;
case “cab”:
digitalWrite(6, HIGH);
delay(1000);
digitalWrite(6, LOW);
break;
default:

digitalWrite(thisPin, LOW);
}
}
}
}

Well, we've got the problem that a single character is never going to equal a string. So, you need to input a sequence of characters and form them into a string, then use strcmp, as mentioned above, and get rid of the switch/case, also as mentioned above.

There's a sticky thread called Serial Basics, which you should read.

And we have the problem that you've missed out the code tags.

Could you right it down how i should be looking like ? Like copy an edit it then paste it if you could please so it would help me while i am reading the other basics on it

Sure - here

Well whats a code that is easier or simpler to do just to make a 3 number or letter password thats all im trying to do an i have been readinng that an its not really helping like i see what its saying but im still stuck so…yea any other ideas on thing i could do all im wanting to do is make a passcode with LEDS making it to where the right combination will turn a Green LED on an the rest will be red thats all so yea any help i would surely appreciate

You will have to face the fact that you have to work yourself, at least you should try to.