Trying to Power a DC Motor with a 20v Drill Battery

Hello Everyone!
(couldve sworn i already had an account here…)
Anyway, Im trying to build a scroll saw that uses these thin hobby scroll saw blades, mainly for foamsmithing purposes. I have several motors, probably one that is 12v DC by the look of it. I forget what i salvaged it from, but its like the size of a salt shaker. As for a possible way to power the motor, I have two 20V 22W Li-Ion drill motors for my Black & Decker drill. I figure one would be enough to power the motor along with a buck converter and a power switch. However, i have never tried building something like this with these parts. Does anyone have any advice for how to wire this up so i dont fry the components and/or myself?

Can you please describe what a 12 volt motor looks like so I will know the next time I see one?

Please try the motor on 12 volts and measure how much current it uses. Don't guess if you don't want smoke.

Paul

If the amount of whiskey ive consumed is of any indication, i do happen to have a few motors shaped like those theater houses made by that one architecture artist who makes designs from crumpled paper. Im not sure how i have motors that defy physical design, but i could have sworn they should be a cylindrical housing with magnets, copper wire and an axle you run electricity through.
Thats it, im quitting whiskey until i find something better. This stuff is too weak for my creativity!

(jk i dont drink any alcohol)

So i just went for it and soldered 4 wires to the buck converter's IN and OUT leads, wrapped the OUT to a multimeter and put the IN wires into the battery. No combustion, but i did get a blue light on the module and a voltage reading i managed to crank down to 11V. Then i wired the OUT to one of my salvaged motors (the smaller of the two in the JPG attachment) and got a nice amount of torque. I bumped it up to 12V and decided to stick with the rotational speed it output.

Im not well versed in electrical equations, so i do not know how to measure current. Heck i dont even know if my mulitimeter could assist with that issue. I bought it before RadioShack went out of business.

If you are going to stick with this hobby for a while, it's time to start learning how to use you digital volt meter.

Paul

Stock answer below as there is currently too much guesswork in your question.
Pictures and part numbers are going to be a great help.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Posting tips.

• Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
  • How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
  • Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
  • Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
  • Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
  • Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can