Trying to program borked Nano clone via USB-TTL

Hello, I've been trying to do this for a long time, but can't seem to pull it off...
I have a Nano clone that had a CH340G. For one reason or another the USB connection stopped working entirely, and I suspect that I burned the CH340G. It basically failed the loopback test, and the only other thing that could have gotten broken was the usb diode, but it's in good shape.

The arduino works all right but it's basically read-only for now (still haven't tried icsp but i don't have one of those programmers).

So I wanted to program it with a CP2102 USB-TTL programmer that I use to program a Pro Mini 5V. It works all right with that one. I connected TX to RX and RX to TX, the power pins, and DTR to the RST pin with a 0.1uf cap. It didn't work (Out of sync) so I decided to desolder the CH340G and see if that did it. Now I still get Out of sync and a random error code (The 10 tries would have the same code, but it would be different on every try).
I also tried manually using the reset button, no go. One thing I noticed is that the RX light flashes thrice when trying to program it, then goes dark.

I guess I'll end up changing the Nano entirely for a new one, but even though it's a clone, it'd cost me $20 where I live...

If it worked previously with the Nano / CH340 →
did you install the latest IDE 1.8.5?

If so, did you update the board information?
There is a change in the IDE working with Nanos.
The default Nano board only works with the new OptiBootloader in original brandnew Nanos.
For clones or older original Nanos you might try under Tools / Processor the option " Arduino Nano … (Old bootloader)" and it should work with Nano clones again.

I'll try later, thanks.

The Nano w/ CH340G usb transfer worked flawlessly until the ch340g died (or something around it) but even after desoldering it (and checking the pcb pads, none were connected with solder) I can't program it via the TX/RX pins.

rpt007:
If it worked previously with the Nano / CH340 ->
did you install the latest IDE 1.8.5?

If so, did you update the board information?
There is a change in the IDE working with Nanos.
The default Nano board only works with the new OptiBootloader in original brandnew Nanos.
For clones or older original Nanos you might try under Tools / Processor the option " Arduino Nano ... (Old bootloader)" and it should work with Nano clones again.

Well, what can I say! It worked flawlessly. Thanks for the help

You are welcome and welcome to this forum, which I forgot to say in my previous post.
Feel free to ask questions whenever you run into trouble.

But - pls read the Introduction to this forum and make it easy for all supporters by describing problems with most possible precision and detail, so we don't lose too much (of our spare) time guessing around what your issue might be.

Have fun with the Arduino playground.