Trying to use a camera module to show footage to a lcd tft screen

Hi, Im in desperate need of some help for a project I am doing.

I have managed to get to servos controlled by a joystick and attached them to a pan/tilt arm,

But need to get a camera module (this one: VGA OV7670)

to relay its footage to a LCD TFT Display.

(this one: 2.2" 18-bit color TFT LCD display with microSD card breakout - ILI9340)

Im really don't know what I'm doing with it and would love some help/guidance on it!

I can't thank you enough if your able to help,

Nate.

natecrosby: Im really don't know what I'm doing with it and would love some help/guidance on it!

This is quite an advanced project... what is your current skill level with the Arduino? What have you achieved so far in programming an Arduino and getting it to display graphics?

The display is not caompatible with the camera out put so I assume your plan is to read the frame memory and write it to the display with an Arduino?

What you are trying to do may be possible but bear in mind it will probably take a few seconds to download a single image frame from the camera and display it. Thus the frame rate is going to be very low, say one frame every 3 seconds.

If this is what you expect and wish to achieve then you have quite a long journey ahead of you if a library is not already available to help.

To write your own software you are going to need to understand how to drive the camera and access the memory over an I2C bus. Then transfer the data to the display in the correct format.

The first thing to do is get the camera data sheet and understand it. If you cannot get past this point your chances of success are low. Next write code that follows the communication protocol to access the memory and use a graphics library to transfer the data received from the camera to the display via an SPI bus.

To talk to the camera quite a few connections will be needed between the camera and Arduino, do you know what connections are needed?

The alternative simple option is probably to buy a display and camera that are directly compatible so you have a plug and play solution!