TTGO T-Display Help Needed

Greetings Folks! I'm looking for anyone that may be able to offer some help with an issue I am having with the TTGO T-Display.

Firstly, please understand that I am a complete newbie when it comes to this stuff and although I have fiddled around with arduino boards a little, the code side of things is something I need to learn pretty much completely. My projects have been limited to a few handwired keyboards, a couple of weather stations and generally things to drive 5V LED lights.

A couple of days ago I received a TTGO T-Display (16mb) and I have had a hell of a time getting any example files to compile let alone running anything on the board.

Here is what I have done so far:

In File\Preferences I added the link for the board: https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json

In Tools\Board manager I installed esp32 by Espressif Systems
Now in Tools\Boards I can select the TTGO Lora32-OLED V1
In Sketch\Include Library\Manage Libraries I installed the TFT_eSPI by Bodmer
In Documents\Arduino\Libraries\TFT_eSPI I Edited the User_Setup_Select.h by commenting #include <User_Setup.h> and uncommenting Line 25 #include <User_Setups\Setup25_TTGO_T_Display.h>

Now any time I try to run any Example from File\Examples\TFT_eSPI\160x128 I get the following error:

In file included from c:.....\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI\TFT_eSPI.cpp:20:0:
c:.....\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI\Processors/TFT_eSPI_ESP32.c: In member function 'bool TFT_eSPI::initDMA(bool)':
c:.....\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI\Processors/TFT_eSPI_ESP32.c:739:3: sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported
};
^
c:.....\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_eSPI\Processors/TFT_eSPI_ESP32.c:739:3: sorry, unimplemented: non-trivial designated initializers not supported
Compilation error: Error: 13 INTERNAL: exit status 1

Due to my next to zero knowledge and not finding much about this online, I have hit a wall and I'm hoping anyone here can help.

I thank you all kindly.

@mhtsos, your topic has been moved to a more suitable location on the forum. Installation and Troubleshooting is not for problems with your project. See About the Installation & Troubleshooting category.

Thank you and my apologies for the error. I'm new and navigating was a bit baffling for me. I thank you kindly for this.

No worries, it's also baffling forthe more experienced forum visitors.

Can you please post your sketch (using code tags using the </> button. I have no experience with the stuff you're using but it might help others to help you.

A link to the exact board that you're using might also be beneficial.