TTL to pic?????!!!!!

Hi, I got mostly new to this arduino world. so here is the question, without an arduino , is it possible to use serial to ttl usb converter to control pic ? PWM outs or just on and off. But the fact is has to be realtime, just want to read data from pc write it in to pic with a bit of c sharp coding . Is it too hard ? or which is the easiest way to communicate with pc , thanks...

without an arduino , is it possible to use serial to ttl usb converter to control pic ?

Without a Ford, why would you be asking questions at the Ford dealer?

Why do you think you can control a picture?

When you say “pic” do you mean a MicroChip PIC microcontroller?

If so, this is not the correct Forum.

If not, please explain what you do mean.

…R

Robin2: When you say "pic" do you mean a MicroChip PIC microcontroller?

If so, this is not the correct Forum.

If not, please explain what you do mean.

...R

Yep microchip, but I'm talking about controlling an electronic circuit with arduino's ttl connections, then Arduno will compute the data , and send it over to pc. Sorry Bad english

PaulS: Without a Ford, why would you be asking questions at the Ford dealer?

Why do you think you can control a picture?

Because arduino WILL be used in the project , so the circuit must be communicating with arduino via ttl(which on the Arduino tx rx or ttl converter), and then arduino computes data and sends to pc. This is our system but it is too much copmlicated, My question is are there any better solutions..

@sencer1345, you are not providing enough information about your project.

In the Original Post it seemed as if you want to send data to a PIC. In Reply #4, it seems like the Arduino is receiving data from the PIC and sending it to a PC.

Take the trouble to write a full description of the project if you want useful advice. Especially, describe the roles of each piece of equipment.

...R

Robin2: @sencer1345, you are not providing enough information about your project.

In the Original Post it seemed as if you want to send data to a PIC. In Reply #4, it seems like the Arduino is receiving data from the PIC and sending it to a PC.

Take the trouble to write a full description of the project if you want useful advice. Especially, describe the roles of each piece of equipment.

...R

yeah still bad english :) So here is the project, I have a system communicating with pc. But I want to send data from pc to arduino , like maybe fan rpm data or CPU temperature data. I am doing this right now with PIC18F4550 chip which is a bit expensive in my country and a lot complicated, So , can we just send that data to arduino directly. can we just send the data as an sensor data refreshed by 2 times per second. If I can receive I sould be able to transmit right ? :))

Edit: In the original post I meant , "I'm doing this project without and arduino. Which is the easiest , with arduino or without it"

Should learn english before electronics I think :))

Regards...

You seem to be saying, in Reply #6, that you want to replace the PIC with an Arduino - am I understanding you correctly ?

You can certainly send data (such as RPM and temperature) from a PC to an Arduino. However you have not explained what the Arduino is expected to do with the data.

Can you draw a simple diagram showing the existing data flow between all the various components and a second diagram showing how you want things to be with the Arduino. Drawings might help overcome language confusion - though your English is very much better than my knowledge of your language.

...R

Robin2: You seem to be saying, in Reply #6, that you want to replace the PIC with an Arduino - am I understanding you correctly ?

You can certainly send data (such as RPM and temperature) from a PC to an Arduino. However you have not explained what the Arduino is expected to do with the data.

Can you draw a simple diagram showing the existing data flow between all the various components and a second diagram showing how you want things to be with the Arduino. Drawings might help overcome language confusion - though your English is very much better than my knowledge of your language.

...R

Well there is too much data I want to send. I mean temp,rpm,etc. Each of it has different proccess as you can imagine. for the rpm We'll put an display module, for temp, We'll put a smart fan (high speed on high temperature...).So doing this with a PIC is complicated, we want to process those datas with arduino. So I say what you understand is correct.

sencer1345: We'll put an display module, for temp, We'll put a smart fan (high speed on high temperature...)

Do you mean that you want the display module and the fan to be connected to and controlled by the Arduino?

You should make a complete list of the things you want to connect to the Arduino.

...R PS. strictly speaking if there is "too much data" the system cannot work. That is what "too much" means. :)