"Tuning" to the frequency of RC transmitter using nRF24l01

I am nearing the completion of my 95% DIY quadcopter and got curious on how to make it usable by everyone

So, as the title suggests, I wish to be able to essentially have a nRF set as receiver and have a RC transmitter connect to that. Then, I can use the Serial Monitor or Arduino to see what is being sent and act on it.

I know that nRFs have six pipes (sorry if I am wrong) and many possiblities for address, but do those types of transmitters have addresses or is it with a certain frequency I have to tune to?

Do you mean an RC transmitter like this? |443x500

An nRF24 is not intended to work with that sort of system. It is intended to communicate with another nRF24. Between two nRF24s you set the frequency by choosing a channel.

...R Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

Most modern RC transmitters use a 2.4GHz spread spectrum frequency hopping scheme. Not something that an nRF24 can possibly cope with.

Steve

An nRF24 is not intended to work with that sort of system. It is intended to communicate with another nRF24. Between two nRF24s you set the frequency by choosing a channel.

…R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

Well, any ideas on what other things can send/receive to/from an nRF?

Any how, thanks!

JeromeAriola:
Well, any ideas on what other things can send/receive to/from an nRF?

LIke I already said, another nRF24.

Using a pair of nRF24s gives you a great deal more flexibility than you would have with an off-the-shelf RC system.

…R