Tutorial for 2 pin LED

Hello,

I bought a pack of 40 Gikfun 4 Color 5mm LEDs 5mm kit For Arduino from the link below.

I'm searching for the tutorials on how to make the LED change colors and keep running into a problem. The tutorials all have LEDs with 4 pins when mine (pictured in link above) only have 2.

I'm still very new to Arduino programming and wanted to find a tutorial to help guide me on how to use these. Thanks in advance for the help.

That page says to me, that those are single colour LEDs but there's 10 of each. It doesn't read to me like those are multi-colour LEDs.

Those are quite expensive standard leds.

5mm, 5 colors, 20 leds per color, €1.58 free shipping.

JimboZA:
That page says to me, that those are single colour LEDs but there's 10 of each. It doesn't read to me like those are multi-colour LEDs.

Well...that will do it. I tested them out and that seems to be it. Thanks for the help.

That said, there are two colour, two wire LEDs: these are two leds (say a red and a green) reversed relative to each other. Thus one wire is the red cathode and the green anode, and the other wire is the red anode and green cathode.

Thus with with a + and - supply on the two wires, connected one way or the other, one LED is always on.

You indeed bought the wrong leds. But If you point 3 leds, 1 red, 1 blue , 1 green at the same spot on a piece of paper and vary the intensity of each led, you can still experiment with changing colors.