TV B Gone compiling error

I downloaded the zip file from here Improved Arduino TV-B-Gone
and opened all the three tabs and tried to verify it but it gives following error :

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: “Arduino Uno”
TVB\WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.progmem.data+0x0): multiple definition of NApowerCodes' WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.progmem.data+0x0): first defined here TVB\WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.progmem.data+0x112): multiple definition of EUpowerCodes’
WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.progmem.data+0x112): first defined here
TVB\WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.data.num_NAcodes+0x0): multiple definition of num_NAcodes' WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.data.num_NAcodes+0x0): first defined here TVB\WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.data.num_EUcodes+0x0): multiple definition of num_EUcodes’
WORLDcodes.cpp.o:(.data.num_EUcodes+0x0): first defined here

I am attaching a screenshot of what i am doing

and opened all the three tabs

What exactly do you mean by this ?
I downloaded the zip file, put the TVB folder from the zip into a folder, double clicked on TVB.pde, the IDE opened with 3 tabs and I can verify the code with no errors.

UKHeliBob: What exactly do you mean by this ? I downloaded the zip file, put the TVB folder from the zip into a folder, double clicked on TVB.pde, the IDE opened with 3 tabs and I can verify the code with no errors.

Are you using an early version of the IDE, Bob? It doesn't compile in the later versions. I have IDE V1.6.5, and struck a number of errors.

For anyone with later versions of the IDE, who are trying to get it working:- There's an upgraded version of the firmware linked in the comments at the bottom of the page that the OP provided a link to. That version does compile in the later IDE. There are also quite a few comments on the originally linked page, mentioning the issue. (I note that the OP is using IDE 1.0.6, so he has a different problem, with different errors.) This is the version that compiles with IDE V1.6.5, (courtesy of Brett Ostrom):- TVBGone_Sketch.zip

And the web page it comes from:- http://cornfieldelectronics.com/cfe/projects/tvbg_arduino/tvbg_arduino_workshop.php

Are you using an early version of the IDE, Bob?

1.5.6-r2 here I am sticking with it unless/untill I need a later version because there seem to be a number of problems with some later versions and/or libraries

UKHeliBob:
1.5.6-r2 here
I am sticking with it unless/untill I need a later version because there seem to be a number of problems with some later versions and/or libraries

Ha. I don’t blame you mate. I’ve stayed with V1.6.5 for the same reason. It was the last stable version. Everything later seems to have inherent problems.

Thanks guys for your time, i don't know how but i was able to compile it at last. I used 1.6.7 IDE, i created a folder in Document>>Arduino and named it as sketch_tvb and copied the files there. I opened the file using arduino 1.6.7 and compiled it successfully.

P.S. : I also tried it using ardunio 1.0.6 but it was giving the same error as before

sashakt: Thanks guys for your time, i don't know how but i was able to compile it at last. I used 1.6.7 IDE, i created a folder in Document>>Arduino and named it as sketch_tvb and copied the files there. I opened the file using arduino 1.6.7 and compiled it successfully.

P.S. : I also tried it using ardunio 1.0.6 but it was giving the same error as before

I assume you're talking about the upgraded version of "TVBGone", modified by Brett Ostrom.

The original had faults as discussed in the comments at the bottom of the page you linked, due to the PROGMEM rules changing with the later IDE versions.