TV Blinking Project

Hello friends,

I am trying to make a blink by itself. I was able to upload the software, but I am unsure about how to connect the arduino to the powersource on the tv? I am new to this so any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks

Many TVs have a USB port that could power an Arduino.

BTW I have no idea what "TV Blinking" or "blink by itself" is.

Hi K_O, I'm confused about what you want to do. Can you link, or describe, the project or effect you are doing? You mentioned software that you uploaded. Can you say what software that is (a link, or sketch listing would be great!)

And yeah, I've never heard of "blinking a TV" either. Do you mean turn it off and on?

I want the TV to turn off by itself every 3 minutes and then back on after being off for a minute. It is an older TV with no USB or HDMI. I downloaded the software off the website to program the arduino uno. I have a solid state relay that i connected to the power source but I cannot get the tv to turn on.

This is my code.

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
// initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
pinMode(13, OUTPUT);

}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
digitalWrite(13, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
delay(180000); // wait for a second
digitalWrite(13, LOW); ; // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
delay(60000); // wait for a second

delay(60000);                      // wait for a secondnope.

Your code is incomplete

K_O:
This is my code.

Can you show a schematic of how you wired things up as well? That would probably be helpful.

what part of my code is incomplete?

I attached the power source to the relay in channel 2 then I put a wire in the + and -. I put the + wire into the 5v and the - into the ground and the channel 2 wire into the 13 on the arduino. the LED on the the relay is turning on and off for the right amount of time but I cannot get power to the TV

arduino 1.jpg

arduino 2.jpg

It seems you have connected the tv to the wrong relay channel.

123da629c72fdbf2fd10963c1ac4a5bf3ad39332.jpg

Delta_G:
Can you show a schematic of how you wired things up as well? That would probably be helpful.

I'd like to see a photo of all the (mains) wiring - I'm expecting... ?
Also - an old-style TV won't last long if you're power cycling it like that...
Maybe a complete explanation of what you're doing and 'why'.

It may be that the TV needs to have a button pressed as well as power being applied to turn it on.

K_O:
what part of my code is incomplete?

The part that you posted, badly.

Yet another XY problem! :astonished:

Most TVs, even old ones, have remote controls.
Connect an IR LED to the Arduino, and let the Arduino generate on/off remote control signals.
Much safer than fiddling with mains power, and your TV might also live longer if you do it this way.
Leo..