TVOut library and DMX...

Hi All,

I have been experimenting with the TVout library ( Arduino Playground - TVout and Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. )

So far it all works first time and is very easy to manipulate...

But I want to do more !

I want to connect DMX to my ATMega328 using MatHertels brilliant DMX library ( A Arduino Library for sending and receiving DMX )
I have tried them together (and a few other DMX receiving libraries) and I cant seem to get things to work
Not knowing very much about TVout, or TX/RX interrupts, I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this

If I could get them to work together this could be the beginning of a great little product for stage lighting

Thanks in Advance :@)

Just to add...

I have been using Matt Hertels DMX libraries for quite some time now and havent had any problems when interfacing it with other software or peripherals, things just fall over when I couple it with TVout, but I dont know why

Have a look at the pollserial project that ships with tvout. It could be modified to offer an interrupt-free dmx client.

Interesting thought, I was actually looking at that the other day wondering if I could modify it :@) ta

I have got this working well now, I had to make a few changes to the TVout library.. good results

A video of my project so far…