two 24 volt 250 watt DC motors connect to arduino uno

Hey im planning to use two 24 volt 250 watt motors for a electrid wheelchair and i need to controll the speed, a forward backword, break, charging, charge level, ect. im wondering if i can do that with a arduino uno with some motor attachment? the motor im going to be using is

if you have an idea please leave specific controllers.
Thanks

Pololu and other robotics suppliers have offerings.

I suggest to plan on a start/stall current of 100A, which will probably mean two controllers; one per motor.

Who will use that wheelchair? Your mother in law? Joking of course but You are heading for serious business. An accident caused by some malfunction in Your construction will maken the life ensurance froozen.

I have coded vehicles carying human beings and I tell You, think twice before You go ahead.

I hope to god you are gearing those motors WAY down. If you have 6" diameter wheels that thing will be going almost 50MPH. 4,317 feet per minute.

Joe

i'm planning to make something like this (pic in attachment) but instead of them touching the wheels its going to be like a gear. and im going to make a gear to put on either the outside or inside of the wheel then connect them with like a bike chain or something. or i was thinking of doing like what the pic was but instead have 2 small wheels on the ends touching the ground connected to the wheelchair but rolling on the ground.

light-drive-unit-attached-to-wheelchair_1.jpg

Jonesy21302:
i'm planning to make something like this (pic in attachment) but instead of them touching the wheels its going to be like a gear. and im going to make a gear to put on either the outside or inside of the wheel then connect them with like a bike chain or something. or i was thinking of doing like what the pic was but instead have 2 small wheels on the ends touching the ground connected to the wheelchair but rolling on the ground.

Have you ever actually made gears?

Paul

Why don't you get some used wheelchair motors on E-Bay?