two arduinos with bluetooth

hi! I need conect two arduino with bluetooth. If i have a arduino with master module and the other have the slave, can i send and receive data with two arduino? Or a arduino send data and the other receive the data.

Thanks

Usualy, [u]most[/u] serial device are bi-directional and full duplexe. But one thing is for sure, you arduino can only treat one thing at the time. But of coarse the fifo will kick in and buffer your stuff while arduino is buzy doing something else then receiving

So to make it simple, both device can send and receive data on bluetooth. The host/slave thing is just a way to determine who is initiating the transmission. It is like a phone call. There is a caller and a called but both can talk when the call is initiated.

knibal:
can i send and receive data with two arduino?

The short answer is yes.

There is not much sensible information on this. I believe this might be because there are better ways of doing the job, like using NRF24s, for which there is a swag of information.

For Bluetooth, Agentnoise has useful information on Arduino<>Arduino using HC-05 here

and some stuff using BlueSmirf is here

In both cases, the bluetooth module needs to be programmed, and in both cases the connection is automatic.

knibal: hi! I need conect two arduino with bluetooth. If i have a arduino with master module and the other have the slave, can i send and receive data with two arduino? Or a arduino send data and the other receive the data.

Thanks

There is not much info about SPP blutooth devices for a very good reason, once they are paired, they simply act like if you put a pair of wire between the two arduinos serial. There is nothing more to say about it. ;)

Well there is one more thing to say actually, if you get an HC-05, you can use your bluetooth module as if it was an 8 INPUT/OUTPUT port expender using AT commands.

Many thanks to all. Pair my arudinos by bluetooth Thanks