Two BME280 sensors on I2C without SDO pin

Hi,

is it possible to have two BME280 sensors together on I2C without an SDO pin? I've only found protocols for BME280 sensors with an SDO pin. One gets connected to GND and the other one not, so that they have different adresses. My sensors have only VCC, GND, SDA and SCL.

Is there a way to connect them both over I2C?

My sensors have only VCC, GND, SDA and SCL.

Do you mean the sensors, or the boards they are mounted on?

AWOL:
Do you mean the sensors, or the boards they are mounted on?

The board of the sensors. It's this one:

Can you post a picture of the sensors - I can't find a BME 280 variant that doesn't have SD0 pins.

AWOL:
Can you post a picture of the sensors - I can't find a BME 280 variant that doesn't have SD0 pins.

previous post

I'll bet the three bare pads on the board, near the sensor chip, are I2C low bit address select. Power and ground on the outside, SDO in the center.

Cut the trace connecting the middle one to the other and use a solder blob to change.

jremington:
I'll bet the three bare pads on the board, near the sensor chip, are I2C low bit address select. Power and ground on the outside, SDO in the center.

Cut the trace connecting the middle one to the other and use a solder blob to change.

So, I disconnect the left one from the middle one and connect the middle one to the right one, yes?

That is my guess, but you should use your multimeter to verify that the outer pads have GND and Vcc connectivity before doing that modification.

Ok, I cut the connection between the left and the middle pad and soldered the middle pad to the right one.

It worked!