two devices on i2c bus?

hi all, i'm trying to get two adxl345 working with a single arduino. i've gotten this setup http://codeyoung.blogspot.com/2009/11/adxl345-accelerometer-breakout-board.html to work. my question is - if i need to add a second sensor, is it just a matter of doing the same config and adding it to the sdo/sda an4/an5 line/pins? or do i need something else?

A quick glance at the datasheet indicates you can select an “alternate” I2C address.

The device is also SPI compatible, so you can use as many as you have lines left for the individual CS signals.

My question is, what are you going to measure with more than three axes of acceleration?

-j

from a wiring standpoint, if i were to stay with i2c, i would just run the sdo and sda lines into the same two pins as the sdo/sda of the other chip?

i’m measuring the difference in acceleration of two soft-connected component, hence the need for two meters.

from a wiring standpoint, if i were to stay with i2c, i would just run the sdo and sda lines into the same two pins as the sdo/sda of the other chip?

Correct. It’s a bus. one of the devices will be modified (probably tying a pin high or low) to make it use an alternate address.

-j