Two Flashing LED's

Hi, I am trying to alternately flash two LED's with Arduino Uno. I have two constant declarations and I get an error on the second one: "expected primary expression before "const"
Any help would be appreciated!

#include "Arduino.h"

const int LED1=2 or //digital output pin 2-red lead
const int LED2=3 //arduino digital output pin 3-blue lead

void setup {

pinMode ( LED1, OUTPUT); //sets digital pin 2 as output
pinMode (LED2, OUTPUT); //sets digital pin 3 as output

}

void loop() {
digitalWrite (LED1,HIGH); //turns on LED1
delay (2000); //wait 2 seconds
digitalWrite (LED1,LOW); //turn off LED1
digitalWrite (LED2, HIGH); //turns on LED2
digitalWrite(LED2,LOW); //turns off LED2
delay(2000);

}

Missing semi-colons. And what is the 'or' doing there?

const int  LED1=2[color=red];  [s]or[/s][/color]   //digital output pin 2-red lead
const int LED2=3[color=red];[/color]      //arduino digital output pin 3-blue lead
const int  LED1=2  or   //digital output pin 2-red lead
const int LED2=3      //arduino digital output pin 3-blue lead

The or is out of place and both lines are missing semi colons.
C++ statements end with a semicolon, compiler directives do not (like #declare directives).

Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky to see how to properly post code. Remove useless white space and format the code with the IDE autoformat tool (crtl-t or Tools, Auto Format) before posting code.

Please include the entire error message. It is easy to do. There is a button (lower right of the IDE window) called "copy error message". Copy the error and paste into a post in code tags. Paraphrasing the error message leaves out important information.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

OK,
Thanks for the suggestions. I got it to compile. I had actually made an additional mistake of leaving out the curved braces () on the void setup statement. I found that one.