Two leds, different liminosity

I've made a little circuit that controls 2leds with bluetooth

Everything works but the second led is much more dim

I've powered the bluetooth module via ext source, common ground, I've changed resistance ( i'm using 100 ohm for both), and I'm using High and low commands

Any tips?
thanks

Any tips?

Give us more information.
Sketch, schematic, image.

this is how my leds are connected

Swap the LEDs, does the problem move with the LEDs.
BTW 120 ohms :wink:

swapped already

change two 100 for 120 ohms?
done.
same problem

joerack:
swapped already

change two 100 for 120 ohms?

When swapped, did the problem move?
If so, the problem is the LEDs, get new ones that are better matched.

100 and 120 is not that different, I was just pointing out you missread the colours.

I have swapped the leds's positions and the one the one that was very bright is now dim, the other one became bright
I'm pretty sure that the leds are good

So show us a schematic.
Show us your code.

Edit
Measure the voltage on each output.

joerack:
I have swapped the leds's positions and the one the one that was very bright is now dim, the other one became bright
I'm pretty sure that the leds are good

What is that funky looking thing in the lower left? It seems to feed the LEDs. You should at least be talking about it.

But if you swapped the LEDs and it followed the LEDs, then it is obvious that they are different. 120 ohms is very low. Perhaps you are overdriving the LEDs with too much current.

We do need a schematic.

The funky looking thing in the lower left is probably the Bluetooth module (HC-06 I guess).
So if the blue wire we see connects the BT-module and the LED, OP is trying to power the LEDs from the RX and TX pins. Consequently the dim led is being driven by a pull-up resistor inside the HC-06.

Enough guessing, schematic please.

lg, couka

Hi,

Can you please post a copy of your sketch, using code tags.
Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png or pdf?
Are you trying to change the brightness of the LEDs or switch them ON and OFF?
Thanks,, Tom... :slight_smile:

THis is a scheme from another circuit without bluetooth that shows exactly how I've arranged the leds

and this is a photo of my circuit, as you can see, the bluetooth module is powered by an external 5v and shares common ground with arduino gnd

Please stop ignoring the requests for a decent diagram, or nobody can help you.

Your picture does not show what the LEDs are attached to, or how they are connected. Additionally, your schematic is an idealized picture which leaves out the real world data of what else you have hooked up there. Coulka's guess that you are actually powering from the serial pins is significant if that is so. Without an EXACT schematic (not 'a scheme from another circuit without bluetooth that shows exactly how I've arranged the leds') of your circuit, everyone is only guessing. Please draw out all of the connections and parts. Only then will people be able to logic the problem out.

If you are worried about someone here stealing your circuit, don't. Folks here have a LOT of experience, and have already seen something just like yours. They didn't steal that one, and they won't steal yours. (And if it turns out that you DO have something unique, think of all the internet glory you will amass from showing it off!)

I hope this is enough

The esp8266 represents the bluetooth module HC-06

Oh, and this is my code

void setup ()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode (2, OUTPUT);
}
void loop ()
{
  char c = Serial.read();
  if (c == 'H')
  {
    digitalWrite (2, HIGH);
  }
  if (c == 'L')
  {
    digitalWrite (2, LOW);

}
  if (c == 'A')
  {
    digitalWrite (8, HIGH);
  }
  if (c == 'B')
  {
    digitalWrite (8, LOW);
  }
}

Solved it!
Somebody made me notice that I had only declared one pin

That would do it. :wink:

Is that really your schematic? With the + of the Bluetooth power supply connected to the - of the Arduino. I think your components are not long for this world if this is real.

good