Two mega 2560 equal boards respond in differente way with Arduino IDE

Hello,

I have two mega 2560 boards: One is blue and the other is black. I give you the images of each one in the attachment zone. Both of them are made in Italy.

I have had installed in Linuxmint 17.1 (that is the equivalent to Ubuntu 14.04) arduino IDE, following this mini tutorial:

And then I try to insert in the blue board an example of that arduino IDE, for example blink. There is no problem, it was installed correctly. But when I take the black one, the problems begin. When I try to select the serial port, as I did with the blue one, I see that I cannot choose it, because is in gray. I choose the correct board in the menu Tools > Board > Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK. So it dosen’t work.

On the other hand, I install gort, in order to upload a file into the board in another way. Again, when I connect the blue arduino board, gort detects it, on the port /dev/ttyACM0. But when I try the same thing in the black one, It says “No serials port.s found”. I have to say that this board turns on its lights when I connect to the PC.

Well, this is what happens in Linuxmint 17.1. I have another PC with Linux Maya installed on it, and I do the same thing with both of the boards. The blue one, again works, and the black one still doesn’t work. In arduino IDE I can see that its connected, but when I try to upload a file to the board, it says to me that the time is out. In gort, again, says that not found a device in serial port.

Finally, in both PCs, when I try to activate firmata by terminal, by the command

gort arduino upload firmata /dev/ttyACM1

It returns an error message like this:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

I see one like that when I choose a wrong board in Arduino IDE, but here, ¿how I can change the board?

Sorry by the long text. I mean, I want to be as accurate as possible.

Any answer is welcome, thanks.

arduino_black.jpg

arduino_blue.jpg