two motor wheel robot, turn while driving

So, I'm working on a version of the bug style two drive wheel robot, one motor per drive wheel,,

I understand the turn while standing, but where can I study the algorithms for turning while driving??
these would be similar to drone control algorithms no?

are there any popular projects/videos , where I could see turning while driving in practice? I'm thinking about things like mini forklifts. Maybe everyone could start having tons of mini palates everywhere in their house, and never put anything down unless it's onto a palate. then the little mini-dog sized roomba fork would come around and put your things into cubbys (or give them to an arm fork to shelve them. )

anyway,, In my initial searches, it appears as though it's very uncommon for those bug bots to ever turn while in motion. (obviously cars are more well suited,, but I'm working on the bug one, and the whole thing I was wanting to do was get my motors under control,, I didn't buy a kit, I took apart a "thunder tumbler",, which is certainly too fast all at once . It needs to be able to make turns, not twirls...., but still get up to speed when under remote control.

ok, I've learned it's called differential drive, and there are a lot of resources for simple two-wheel differential drive vehicles. it looks like it will be a perfectly doable task. I had to make a little H - bridge, but did order a cheap Motor controller shield. I may try to avoid using the shield for now, and rely on some breadboard H-bridges, just for fun!
(I'm learning about transistor circuits as a seperate hobby, I like to try to understand transistor logic and redstone style computing., with tiny capabilities that mimic computer capability).

Arduino is very different. ... , but it seems like it would be another great project to make a little transmitter that is able to send modulated signals to the PWM inputs of the arduino via a simple receiver, I am hoping to learn about how to make discreet component radio control communication "shield and controller".

The link at the bottom of this Post by @zhomeslice may be of interest

...R